10 Tips for Improving Your RFP Process
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mitch Ditkoff. I am the Co Founder of Idea Champions, an innovation consulting and training company headquartered in Woodstock, NY. We’ve been in business since 1986 and, since that time, have responded to more than custodia per samsung galaxy grand neo plus 1,200 RFPs.
Along the way, we’ve noticed a curious trend.
Time and again, we’ve custodia samsung galaxy j3 2017 gatti seen RFP requesting companies get stuck with a vendor or contract that did not fulfill their needs because their RFP cover samsung galaxy s3 neo aliexpress custodia cover samsung s7 process got in the way a process that could have been a lot more effective if only it had been more open, honest, and complete.
And so, as a public service to you and all our other prospective clients, here are 10 simple guidelines to increase the odds of your RFP process getting you the kind of results you are looking custodia samsung galaxy s10plus for:
10 TIPS FOR aliexpress cover samsung galaxy IMPROVING YOUR PROPOSAL PROCESS
1. Be Prepared: The odds of us delivering custodia cover samsung j5 a meaningful proposal to you increase exponentially in response to the accuracy and thoroughness of the input you provide.
If amazon custodia samsung a8 the creare cover samsung person you report to has asked you to “google innovation consultants” and put five proposals on his/her desk by next Friday, make sure you are sufficiently briefed so custodia cover huawei mate 10 what we deliver to you will be fully aligned with what you custodia per samsung express 2 really need.
2. Be Clear About Deadlines: Is the proposal you are requesting really due yesterday The first thing tomorrow Two weeks from now Please be willing to give us the scoop on when you really need it and we’ll be cover samsung tab 6 happy to deliver it by then or sooner.
When you give potential vendors a fake deadline, it doesn’t bode custodia tablet 10.1 samsung originale well for your future working relationship one that needs to be rooted in mutual trust, respect, and integrity.
And besides, unnecessarily stressing potential vendors may end up working against you, significantly increasing custodia samsung s7 edge oro the odds of you receiving flawed, incomplete, or incomprehensible cover samsung s8 unieuro proposals.
3. Be Transparent: While your proposal process is your business, custodia cover iphone xr not ours, there is something to be said for letting us know how many other companies you’ve invited to respond. If you’re asking another 25, our chances are 4% and we might decide not to throw our hat in the ring. Make sense
If you already know you have only $2,500 to spend on your three day event in Orlando, let us know that, too. This information will save us the time it takes to write a proposal you will never accept cover samsung s4 ebay and you the time it will take to read it. Win/Win.
4. Be Ethical: If you are contacting us only to get some useful thought starters about your event or initiative and already know you will not be engaging our services, there’s cover samsung s9 plus su amazon really no need to ask for a proposal.
Chances are good we’ll be happy to talk with you about your event, anyway, just for the opportunity to spark a future business relationship with you.
We subscribe to the notion that the more you give, the more you get. But asking us for a proposal that has no chance of being accepted is really not playing fair.
Put yourself in our shoes. The Golden Rule applies.
5. Be Direct About What You’re Asking For: If what you mean by “a proposal” is merely our fee, simply ask for it and we’ll tell you. It will save us both a lot of time and more than a few trees.
If all you need is two pages’ worth, mention that, too. If we give you ten and your threshold coque iphone is two, both of us lose.
6. Be Honest: If you’ve already decided to engage the services of someone else, but need three competitive bids for “legal reasons,” let us know. As part of our newly launched “Consulting Companies for a Proposal Savvy World” campaign, we’ll send you within 24 hours our “They’ve Already Decided” proposal.
Much less work for us and no bad karma for you.
If you haven’t read our proposal yet, that’s useful to know. If you can’t find it, feel free to ask us to send another. If your conference has been canceled, we’re just an email away. If you’ve decided to do it in house, custodia a libro samsung core prime just holler. If budgets have been frozen. or your CEO has been indicted by the FTC. or you’ve decided that one of our competitors is the perfect fit, you know where to find us.
This information, delivered in a timely way, will allow us to release the dates we’ve been holding for you, significantly reducing the odds of you feeling guilty (or cranky) the next time we ask for an update.
8. Respond to Our (Infrequent) Emails: Often, when a prospective client asks us for a proposal, they ask us to “hold the date.” This is perfectly understandable. It’s common practice.
But sometimes another prospective client, the next day, will ask us for the same date. That’s when we’ll send you an email and ask for an update.
Since we will have given you the right of first refusal, all you need to do is let us know what’s happening. Takes less than two minutes.
9. Provide Authentic Closure: cover samsung galaxy 8.4 Let’s say you decide not to engage our services. Maybe you liked another consultant’s approach better or decided to go with the low cost provider…